- Dental Implants are the best missing tooth/teeth replacement option that dentistry has to offer.
When I began practicing 21 years ago, dental implants were far from mainstream dental practice. When a patient had a missing tooth or teeth, removable partial dentures or fixed bridges were prescribed far more often than implant supported crowns or dentures. In the last ten years, there has been a dramatic shift as the long term studies are beginning to show how reliable and long lasting implants are.
- Dental Implants can and do last for life!
Our bone loves titanium! This is the basis behind the long term success of implant dentistry. When an implant is connected to the bone and then connected to a restoration (crown, bridge, or denture,) that connection lasts indefinitely. Our bodies build bone right up to the surface of the implant and as long as we use our teeth (as in chewing,) the bone-implant connection remains super-strong.
- Even if you have been suffering with ill fitting partial or complete dentures, something can be done. Advances in imaging, design, and processing have made it possible for someone with poor fitting and functioning dentures to have implants placed under those dentures and take them from a poorly working, difficult to keep in, and really hard to eat with denture to one that is fixed to implants. Implant retained dentures, a denture fixed to implants is like having teeth fixed to our jaws – the system that we were born with – it just works!
- The planning makes the procedure a breeze.
At Aquila Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, everything we do, from a warm, kind team, the continued training in advancements within the dental field, and the advanced technology and services we have right in our office is designed to make our patients have the best possible experience.
As a dental implants specialist in Chandler, I have personally taken over 400 hours of continuing education in the fields of both implant placement (surgery) and restoration.
- Your comfort is ensured. Although the surgical procedure for placing dental implants is very elegant and pain free, many of my patients request being sedated for implant placement procedures. I am licensed to provide sedation dentistry with IV medications which safely and comfortably place my patients in a state of moderate sedation.
- Should you consider dental implants? Is a dental implant the best solution for you? Are there other restoration choices? How long does the procedure take? Read more about restoration dentistry with dental implants.
Aquila Family and Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Rich Higgs, DDS
3175 South Price Rd., Ste 140
Chandler, AZ 85248